Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Yvonne "Notes on a Kitchen Table"

Notes on a Kitchen Table Yvonne, I really enjoyed reading this piece!! You did so much with the formatting and even with the way in which the characters are communicating with one another. I like that before the reader gets to the map, the boyfriend’s response is already read. I like that his addition to the note gives somewhat of a foreshadow as to how the story will end when he states, “Towards the end, though, I realized… this isn’t a game. This isn’t one of your stories.” That made me anxious to get to the end of the story. I also like that the note consist of scratch outs and changes along the way—I think that helps the reader to get inside of the characters head. Going through the map was exciting because I felt like I was on a mystery to 1) see what the boyfriend’s answer will be and 2) to see what the girlfriend’s questions are going to be. This piece was really experimental; I actually have no critiques, just that this inspired me to do something that out-of-the-box.

No comments:

Post a Comment